It’s Taco Tuesday!!
- December , 2020
- SPF Team
Throwing it back to a classic at-home recipe: Loaded Baked Potatoes! Special guest appearances by the turkey meat and sweet potato provides a healthy spin that make this “Turkey Taco Stuffed Potato” a MUST HAVE! Next time you’re stuck at home give this recipe a try!
Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe Directions:
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, and cook in microwave until tender for 4-5minutes; let rest.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out filling of potato and place in medium-sized bowl and mash with fork while keeping remaining skin.
- Stir in olive oil, ½ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Put mashed potatoes back in skin and place on baking sheet.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat coated with cooking spray. Add ground turkey and cook through. Stir in garlic, chili powder, remaining ¾ tsp cumin, oregano, paprika, and remaining 1/8 tsp of salt/pepper. Cool for 1 minute and stir in crushed tomatoes.
- Preheat boiler and spook ground turkey mixture into potato. Top with cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley, dish up, and enjoy!